Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stewardship

It was just starting to feel a little strange ~ the idea of having no regular church meeting to attend.

I've been participating on my church's boards, teams, and committees for more years than I can quickly remember ~ I have rolled off of one commitment and moved into another rather seamlessly over the years. This past year was difficult though ~ my various commitments over stretched my tolerance and abilities to manage the busyness of my life. Needless to say, I began to look forward to rolling off the Spiritual Life & Worship Team (a team and tenure I have enjoyed immensely) and taking a year off of major church commitments.

There was a message on my answering machine ~ would I be interested in joining the Stewardship committee?

Really? I thought I had been moving under the radar of availability. It should have been easy to say, "No, I'm sorry. I need to take a year off." But, it wasn't easy and truth told, deep down, I didn't really want to say "no" and so, I didn't. Stewardship isn't just about money and committee work isn't just about church work ~ sharing faith and developing relationships are always the most compelling reasons for me to say "yes".

1 comment:

Sally said...

Good job! You've met your blogging requirements for this week :)