Thursday, October 29, 2009

Massaged by Faith

I have recently begun studying Therapeutic Massage and I'm enjoying it even more than I thought I would ~ truly wonderful and validating because the decision to move in this direction was very much based on faith. I told a good friend about my decision in this way... "I'm considering beginning a Therapeutic Massage program...its either that, or some form of the ministry." My very wise friend said, "Perhaps massage, therapeutic/healing touch, will be your ministry." Wow, I hadn't really thought of it that way, but once she said it, I just loved the way it felt to me ~ it felt right! Ah, another example of God speaking to me through another.

I've just completed the first module of four in the massage program ~ it has been intense, but I've learned full body Swedish Massage, strokes and techniques, and alot about the muscles and bones in the human body. My 'Intention' and 'Attention' to do the best I can do for a client in the moment ~ in the time I have with him/her ~ and providing, what is referred to as 'conscious touch', is much more important and affirming to my client, than any technique I've learned thus far. This learning opportunity to be present ~ with a person and a process ~ that opens and greets my heart and hands ~ is an incredible experience and gift.

There is a woman in class named Faith ~ Another classmate said, "I was massaged by Faith yesterday and she was wonderful!" I was struck by how cool "Massaged by Faith" sounded! This conversation took place a couple of weeks ago and I'm still thinking about what it might mean to be massaged by Faith...


No comments: