Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's my birthday today...

There are beautiful flowers on the counter ~ funny and warm happy birthday wishes from the kids last night and this morning ~ lovely and loving cards from my husband and mother ~ I had coffee with a dear friend this morning and will talk with my sister this evening ~ It is my birthday and I am deeply blessed.

These words from the Fleetwood Mac/ Stevie Nicks song, Landslide, have been running through my head over the last month or so...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Mmm Mmm...

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too...

These words resonate in so many ways, but I wonder on this day, how I might move more boldly throughout this next year of my life.

No comments: