Monday, September 27, 2010

Worry and Faith

Twice recently the focus of a sermon or discussion has been on Matthew 6:25-34 ~ The 'Do Not Worry' passages. This is another example of a passage that is oh, so easy to read and say, but is so hard to do, or not do, as the case may be.

God knows me... God knows my mother... God knows my maternal and paternal grandmothers... over achieving worriers all.  With one child in high school, one in middle school, and me starting a new business, the worry potential is elevated, but more than ever so is my desire to loosen its' grip on me. My prayer is that my will and faith are stronger than my DNA. I pray that, in the moment, I can recognize (irrational) worry for what it is and replace it with faith, breath, and wisdom ~ yes, this is my prayer.

No comments: